Sunday 28 October 2012

Hello World!!!

Welcome to my amazing technology and programming blog... OK I'm probably overselling this a little. Realistically this blog is a place where I can post tips/tricks/semi-interesting snippets from projects that I'm working on. Do you ever come across a problem when your programming, and when you've solved it, think to yourself "Why in the name of the flying spaghetti monster has someone not written an article about this!!! *sits angrily contemplating wasted time*"? Well I often do, so I'm going to write the solution to those problems here so that someone else may benefit from my hours of frustration.

A little about me

So you're probably thinking that this is all well and good but who is this guy and why should I listen to him? Well... let me tell you. My name is Chris McCabe, I'm a Masters student studying computer science at Queens University Belfast. My research topic is on multi-precision arithmetic in OpenCL, so you guys can probably expect a whole lot of OpenCL related posts. I was the 2008 recipient of the Liberty IT scholarship, and I went on to work at Liberty IT for over a year during my placement year. I am an Oracle Certified Professional Java programmer although my language of choice is C++. Currently I work part-time at the university as a teaching assistant which fits in well with my studies. In my spare time I'm an indie game developer and programming enthusiast. I think that's enough to be getting on with.

Check back here from time to time to see if anything interests you!

No comments:

Post a Comment